Helabima organization was founded in 1997 by a group of Sri Lankan expatriates residing in U.A.E. The main objective was to uplift living conditions and provide support for the needy villagers to sustain their existence in North and East provinces of Sri Lanka. Bhoomi Puthra or the owners of the land have become destitute and were living under constant death threats received from Tamil terrorists who went on a ruthless killing spree to curve a separate area based on ethnicity. Thousands of innocent Sinhala villagers including women and children were massacred indiscriminately by Tamil terrorist during the past 30 years of horror unleashed over the Island nation.
Helabima is fully aware of the false discrimination claims and historical Tamil homeland myth of Tamil separatists backed by so called NGOs and some vested foreign countries with their covert agendas. Preserving the unity of our Motherland should be the utmost national duty of all patriotic sons and daughter of the land. Helabima Organization with the unconditional support received from the Sri Lankan diaspora, could proactively play a pivotal role creating a positive background leading to defeat ulterior motives of separatism including following areas;
- Resettlement projects for Sinhala destitute villagers who were chased away by LTTE terrorists during the 30 years of separatist campaign
- Identify affected people due to the LTTE Tamil terrorism and their burning needs, directly involve in coordination with other patriotic organizations within Sri Lanka to organize, manage and fulfilling their basic requirements in agriculture, education, religious, housing and other social matters.
- Organize awareness programs to correct various mythologies especially spreaded during past three decades by foreign funded NGOs backed by national and International interested parties working for Tamil Terrorists.
- Taking counter measures to stop the unethical religious conversions. Foreign funded NGOs are working round the clock to convert innocent and helpless Sinhala Buddhist villagers especially in terror affected areas.
- Moral boosting projects for Armed. Forces including supply of needy items to ease the hardship at the war front faced by soldiers.
- Construction of facilities for disabled war heroes at army camps and their own residences, scholarship programs for children of disabled soldiers, donation artificial limbs and wheel chairs etc.
- Provide housing for deserved soldiers as an encouragement for their invaluable service rendered for the unity of Motherlanka. Especial attention was made for areas colonized by British imperialists with Indian laborers. Our traditional villages were forcefully converted to Tea estates after chasing innocent Sinhalese by British invaders and imported laborers to work in estates from Tamil Nadu (Motherland of Tamils) in India.
- Infrastructure development of Buddhist temples and ‘Sanghavasa’ in terror infested areas. Reconstruction of “wavai Dhagabai, Gamai Pansalai” ( irrigation tank and stupa, village and temple respectively) concept which preserved the Sinhala Buddhist culture for centuries old civilization in our Motherland.