Helabima organization was founded in 1997 by a group of Sri Lankan expatriates who lived in U.A.E. The main objective was to uplift living conditions and support the needy villagers to sustain their existence in North and East provinces of Sri Lanka. Bhoomi Puthra or the owners of the land have become destitute and were living under constant death threats received from Tamil terrorists who went on a ruthless killing spree to curve a separate area based on ethnicity. Thousands of innocent Sinhala villagers including women and children were massacred indiscriminately by Tamil terrorist during the 30 years of horror unleashed over the Island nation.
- Resettlement projects for Sinhala destitute villagers who were chased away by LTTE terrorists during the separatist campaign
- Identify affected people due to the LTTE Tamil terrorism and their burning needs, directly involve in coordination with other patriotic organizations within Sri Lanka to organize, manage and fulfilling their basic requirements in agriculture, education, religious, housing and other social matters.
- Organize awareness programs to correct various mythologies especially spread during past three decades by foreign funded NGOs backed by national and International interested parties working for Tamil Terrorists.
- Taking counter measures to stop the unethical religious conversions. Foreign funded NGOs are working round the clock to convert innocent and helpless Sinhala villagers especially in terror affected areas.
- Moral boosting projects for Armed. Forces including supply of essentials items to ease the hardship at the war front faced by soldiers.
- Construction of facilities for disabled war heroes at army camps and their own residences, scholarship programs for children of disabled soldiers, donation artificial limbs and wheel chairs etc.
- Provide housing for soldiers to stabilize villagers under threat of ethnic cleansing
- Infrastructure development of Buddhist temples and ‘Sanghavasa’ in terror infested areas. Reconstruction of “wavai Dhagabai, Gamai Pansalai” ( irrigation tank and stupa, village and temple respectively) concept which preserved the Sinhala Buddhist culture for centuries old civilization in our Motherland.